Friday, August 19, 2005

A Good Husband?



I have never sewn anything before in my life, and yet I made this needle case for my wife. How much of a pain was it? I learned how to resolve almost every little disaster possible.



Brdgt (the angry, crafty girl) made one these a few weeks ago, and I though it would be a simple project. My wife has too many needles without a home, and hopefully this will help her.



The local fabric stores were not kind with their selection of upholstery weight fabrics, so I was forces to work an autumnal theme. Perhaps next time I'll find something more stylish. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 8:39 AM, Blogger Brdgt said...

Look at you! That looks great Nat, did you use the pattern from Stitch N' Bitch? You are officially crafty (on top of being a super husband, but we all knew that before).

-brdgt

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Nathanael said...

Yes, from Stitch n' Bitch -- perhaps the only time I will ever use the book (Karen begs me to learn how to knit, but it is too quiet enough activity for me -- perhaps there should be a knitting book for people like me called "Stitch n' Snark). However, I am thinking about sewing something else (a bag for travel guides).

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Nathanael said...

I know the machine can wind bobbins, but I couldn't get it to work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home