Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Bloggery

The guy who blogs over at the GSU library noted my links on cartography, always appreciated. But he also pairs them up with some other sites that I have not yet seen. The Map Room deals with the tech and history of cartography. One interesting post deals with this map of Switzerland, locating communities on the basis of political orientation (Basel, on the French border, is well aligned with the country's political centers). La Mer: Terreur et Fascination is an project of the French national library dealing with the imagination of the sea in European culture -- a nice parallel to Alain Corbain's Lure of the Sea.

I have also found Urban Cartography, a group blog about, er, uh ... . Here's some commentary on the Lewis Mumford-written film The City, which I mentioned in passing some time back.

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Brdgt said...

Huh, I didn't know Mumford wrote a film, I'll have to mention that to Eric. We read a piece last week by him reviewing Nader's Unsafe at Any Speed, and boy does Mumford HATE cars. His ideas for urban/suburbian planning were really interesting though.

-brdgt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home